The Russell Street School

My first impression of the Russell Street School's use of blogging is wow. I was expecting the blog to be moderated and curated by 1 person but the entire school seems to be involved. Each class has a blog where parents can see what their student is doing and the teacher can keep you informed on whats going on class wise. Students are also active participants and have individual entries. These range from projects to simple posts. I like to keep up to date with my daughter's school but have to wait for the school to post updates. I like the personal feel and the active participation that is put into this school's blog.

The blog also has links to assemblies, clubs, radio station, sports and many other useful links for the community. I believe that they make great use of this site and a hub for all things related to the school. Many times, we get lost looking for information on our child's school's website. This blog is well put together and easy to navigate. I do question the issue of safety and privacy. Shouldn't the page have a password? This could be a big security issue and I don't think I would like my student's images or information so easily available.

Comments

  1. I agree with your points, but I didn't have such a smooth time with navigation. The layout didn't seem intuitive, and I wasn't sure how to navigate. I agree that security seems to be an issue, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, the blog definitely needs to be more organized. If I were to guess, each teacher manages each individual class blogs. Also, there probably isn't anyone on staff with any web design experience.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scaffolding Blogging

My impressions

Russell Street School Blog Review