Russell Street School

After reviewing the Russell Street School's website, I found the use of blogging very intriguing. I enjoyed seeing all of the blogs being used as a form of communication for the parents. I was very impressed with just how organized everything was. It was also amazing to see that as students get older they are allowed to post their own guest blog from time to time.
I could tell that these students really have a community within their own school. Each classroom has their own online presence and one can really feel that just by reading their blogs.
I believe this is a great way for students to be involved and a better way for teachers to communicate with parents.
I will be bringing this idea up to my administration as a way for us to communicate better with parents and I hope that they will be receptive to the idea.

Comments

  1. I think you make a great point about the blogs creating a sense of community for each classroom. Especially when the kids get older and begin to contribute to the blog themselves and it gives them a sense of ownership over the material. It's something that the whole class has worked together to create and maintain. It can easily translate to other life skills that young children need to develop like creating and maintaining friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seemed to embrace blogging as a school. Usually the teacher provide links to content and rarely do we see students sharing content. I do feel that they need to think about security and privacy for the students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scaffolding Blogging

My impressions

Russell Street School Blog Review